Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

Not a creature was stirring....

To many, it may feel like the night before Christmas...

At time of writing, it is just under 5 hours until M2E beta reveal day (UK timings, of course. My American & Canadian readers will have to adjust accordingly) and right now is the last time there will be uncertainty and speculation on where the game is headed for 2nd Edition.

As I am sure you are aware, the announcement of 2nd Edition has provoked a mixed reaction, to say the least. Hopefully you've read my own pig-metaphor story about 2E so you either know my thoughts on this issue or you think I have some weird pig-based imagination.

Truthfully, it's a little column A and a little column B.

I feel somewhat lucky to get involved with the game at this time of change. It has meant that I have been able to see the best of the first edition and everything that has really drawn me in and I am ready to  get stuck in to the new rules without any preconceptions or opinions on what I hope does/doesn't change (read as: not a bloody clue).

Once I get my hands on the beta ruleset tomorrow I will spend the day devouring them and I will, like many others, be talking about my take on them and what I like and don't like. And based on what I know already and what I think will be changing, I'm hoping for good things!

See you in five...

-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment